Obtaining The Compensation You Are Entitled To
There are different types of benefits available, so it is important that you understand your rights. Let our attorneys explain your options, answer your questions and protect your rights.
Types Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits
The Illinois workers’ compensation program has six primary types of benefits available. Eligibility for the type of benefit depends on your unique circumstances. These benefits include:
- Death benefits: When a worker dies due to an on-the-job injury, their surviving family members qualify for compensation. Survivors can include spouses, children and parents.
- Vocational benefits: When a work-related injury requires an employee to switch jobs, benefits are paid out to the employee while they undergo training for their new position.
- Temporary partial disability benefits: This compensation applies when a worker is able to return to work but is limited by their injury and must work in a capacity that earns less than their previous position.
- Temporary permanent disability benefits: When an injury makes it impossible for a worker to return to their job for a period of time, that worker is entitled to this type of compensation.
- Permanent total disability benefits: When an injury is serious, the impact can change the injured person’s life. When an injury keeps a worker from every being able to return to any type of job, that worker can seek permanent benefits.
- Permanent partial disability benefits: When a worker becomes a victim of a serious injury, they may not be able to fully return to their current job. If an employee suffers a permanent disability but is able to work in some capacity, that worker would seek this compensation.
The amount and length of payments vary. Our firm will explain the details of the benefit you qualify for and answer your questions. We can also help you find medical resources if you don’t have insurance.
Let’s Get The Process Started
Your employer wants you to focus on your health and recovery, and so do we. Remember that a claim does not negatively impact your employer and that this is not a government program. Schedule a free consultation with our experienced team today by calling 618-216-6882. We are located in East Alton and help workers throughout southern Illinois and the Metro East. Let’s help you get the compensation you are entitled to.